This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
Cookies are small text files of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, smartphone, Smart TV or other smart device, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or browser. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. Cookies also provide anonymous information to the owners of the site about how people are using their site. Our cookies don't store sensitive or personally identifiable information about you. Nor do they pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
Stanmore uses the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Google Analytics - this cookie is used for throttling request to Google Analytics to increase the efficiency of network calls.
Google Analytics - used to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and help us improve our website. The information collected is anonymous and includes the number of visitors to the website, what pages they visited and where they have come to the website from.
Google Analytics - used to collect anonymous groupings of user data.
Some features used on this website may involve a cookie being sent to your computer by a third party. For example, if you view or listen to any embedded audio or video content you may be sent cookies from the site where the embedded content is hosted. Likewise, if you share any content on this website through social networks (for example by clicking a Facebook “like” button or a “Tweet” button) you may be sent cookies from these websites.
We do not control the setting of these cookies so please check the websites of these third parties for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
Your questions answered
Stanmore or Tasley – find out more about the two proposals and decide for yourself:
- Q&A document: the sites compared
- Watch this short video comparing the two sites View video
We have revised our plans having listened to local people. Download our latest vision document here
In 2019, we undertook a full and comprehensive public consultation exercise. View our exhibition panels here