Affordable, low carbon homes
Bringing the Best to Bridgnorth
- Characterful, sustainable homes
- Fully committed to net zero carbon
- Affordable, desirable, high-quality living
- Space for investment in jobs & skills
- Improved biodiversity and access to green space
Our proposals for Stanmore have been carefully developed with a strong vision, leadership and community engagement.
Building Better, Building Beautiful
The architecture will have character, complementing local styles and reflecting the principles of the Building Better, Building Beautiful Commission.
We will maintain high standards of quality and appearance by producing a definitive Design Code with every building at each phase meeting its high-quality design standards.
We will deliver imaginatively designed homes with gardens, good access, the facilities people want and plenty of open spaces to encourage healthy communities. We will commit to managing these open spaces on behalf of Bridgnorth.
Housing for all - Genuine affordability
We will create a community with a mixed tenure of homes and housing types that are genuinely affordable. Apley provides 120 affordable homes on the estate today. We aim to retain ownership of some affordable properties and do the same at Stanmore.
Cutting carbon. Building sustainably
- Committed to supporting Shropshire’s net zero carbon goals
- Employment & housing together cutting millions of commuter miles
- Exceeding standards for sustainability
- Minimising energy costs of running our homes
- Ensuring climate resilience using zero carbon and energy positive technology
- Expanding natural habitats for wildlife; working with local people to enhance biodiversity in Stanmore Country Park
A team you can trust for Bridgnorth
- Apley Estate in the same family for 165 years – long-term commitment for the future
- Stanmore Business Park owned and run by the Hickman family for over half a century
- World-class team of advisors and delivery partners including Lord Matthew Taylor the UK authority on garden communities
- Work with local and specialist firms to deliver high-quality homes
- Proud of the town and ready to answer to the people for what we do
Your questions answered
Stanmore or Tasley – find out more about the two proposals and decide for yourself:
- Q&A document: the sites compared
- Watch this short video comparing the two sites View video
In 2019, we undertook a full and comprehensive public consultation exercise. View our exhibition panels here